I've been absent for a long time, and I left quite abruptly, I know. Early last year my step-father was diagnosed with cancer, and it kind of threw our entire family into hell for a long time. We had some good news just before Christmas though, and things are looking good in that respect, and now things have calmed down a bit for us. So I feel up to coming back to fandom, and I thought I'd dip my toes by chatting to you all again!
Good things that happened in 2018:
- Eryn turned 18! She took her A Levels, did fantastically well, and she is now a student at Goldsmiths University of London, studying Sociology and Anthropology! Leaving her there in the middle of London was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life, but she loves it there. She's made loads of friends, is enjoying her classes, and having fun learning to live with a bunch of other 18 year olds who also have no idea how to adult. Look at this gorgeous thing; I must have been incredibly good in a past life to have deserved her:
- Madison came top in her year at school! She got all the GCSE options she wanted, and is currently participating in the Duke of Edinburgh Award, because she's a little over-achiever, haha!
- We had a chat with Imogen's teachers, who are happy to use male/neutral pronouns for them, which has made Imogen feel a lot happier. We're currently trying out new names.
- Ben got the all clear after his second surgery (oh yeah, that was a thing that happened to us as well), and he's back at work and happy.
- I gave up my job! It wasn't making me happy, because I kept getting refused a move into the sector I have TRAINED FOR, and I spent most of my time frustrated and biting my tongue against yelling at everybody. I feel much happier now.
Anyway, hope your start to the new year have been awesome for you all, and I'm glad to be back! xx